Benefits of Membership
Together we are greater
The Greater Downtown Council is dedicated to the promotion and development of a clean, safe and vibrant central business district. Some of the benefits you can expect with your membership include
- Catalyst for enhancing our business climate: We bring together business, community and government leaders to focus on issues and opportunities.
- Advocacy: Together we are greater - united with one voice!
- Government relations: We are a strong advocate for our member businesses and have built strong relationships with key leaders and staff at City Hall
- Networking opportunities: The GDC hosts quarterly breakfast meetings, Downtown Perk, a talk-show styled speaker series, Downtown Live, and an Annual Dinner meeting, providing members a great chance to network.
- Sponsorship opportunities: Become a season-long event sponsor, or choose one to support.
- Reduced fees for events and marketing initiatives.
- Cooperative advertising and promotion opportunities.
- Business counseling
- Leadership recognition
- Complimentary listing on website and in GDC Downtown Duluth brochures and other printed pieces.
- Park Plus: This program allows member businesses to purchase coupons at a discounted rate so that you may provide your customers free parking at ramps.
- Special events: From Sidewalk Days Festival, Classic Car Show & Harley Revue, to Eat Downtown-Duluth Restaurant Week and holiday campaigns tied to Bentleyville, our events attract people to the core of our city.
- Skywalk & Waterfront map: 110,000 printed annually, listing member businesses that are more retail/hospitality orientated.
- Skywalk administration and way-finding signage
- Visioning and economic development
- Streetscape improvement planning
- Monthly newsletters, correspondence and email list: Updates on what is happening downtown.
- Marketing of the Downtown: The GDC spends approximately $75,000 to attract visitors to our Downtown events and activities. We also offer cooperative advertising discounts.